Saturday, February 01, 2003

This blog has survived a week of daily posting. I haven't lost interest. As I remarked to a friend, it makes much more sense than keeping yet another wire-bound journal that I'll eventually lose or spill (presumably overpriced) coffee on. That, and the fact that my handwriting is incredibly strange and unreadable, like alien hieroglyphs. It's more of a personal shorthand than an attempt to write ciphertext (word running through my head as I read "Cryptonomicon"...), but sometimes I can't even read it after a week or so. Getting a laptop is imperative.

Presently waiting for a check (one of three) from Pocket Books.

Looked at computer-generated science-fiction art on my lunch break today. The guy who did the first digital cover image (for Gibson's "Neuromancer") reminds me of the abstracted, neon-tinged portrait eWarrior produced for his article. (Click here to see it.)

No comments: