Tuesday, March 11, 2003

The joint across the street is indeed called "Frankie's."

I indulged at the used-book store after work. I could bore you with lists of books, but I won't. I'm thoroughly disgusted with our government. I didn't think it would be this bad. Frankly, I figured W.'s installation as President would amount to stagnant, uninspired "business as usual"...apparently I "misunderestimated" my own unwitting prescience.

The world is full of worthless shits and enmired in the apocalyptic fallacy that faith in the supernatural is a virtue; religion is more deadly than any nuclear stockpile, more obdurate than mere egomania. Arthur C. Clarke has called religion a "disease of infancy" -- implying that we have a chance of growing out of it. Which, of course, we must. And, biologically speaking, soon.

Bumper sticker concept: "LOSE YOUR RELIGION."

(This sort of disgust can't be healthy.)

"And if you think peace is the common goal, that goes to show how little you know."

--The Smiths, "Death of a Disco Dancer"

No comments: