Thursday, September 25, 2003

Lots of new links on my Environmentalism page.

I've been operating under the assumption that Bush's ("re")election is a foregone conclusion, but in the last few days I've subconsciously harbored the idea that maybe -- just maybe -- voters will see through his macho, can-do antics and put someone else in office. I'm not saying this will actually happen, or even that there's a decent chance of it. But I'm actually entertaining the concept, which is much more than I was willing to do a month or so ago.

Voters are driven by fads, right? And this "patriotism" thing is played, if you ask me. Even the yellow "Support Our Troops" ribbons sullying the lawn of a house down the street have turned a most un-American gray. W. might have to pull something new from his bag of Orwellian tricks to keep voters distracted. Or not. I'm probably giving voters far more credit than they deserve . . .

No comments: