Sunday, October 19, 2003

I'm halfway done with "Sight Unseen." Unexpectedly good. I might have to give Hopkins' "Witnessed" a try.





Yesterday I woke up to find that my replica Mars Pathfinder lander was missing from its customary spot beneath my lava lamp. I found it behind my fridge where my smallest cat, Ebe, had deposited it -- miraculously without breaking off the solar panels in the process. Along with the miniature Pathfinder, I discovered a veritable graveyard of abandoned fake mice. I hadn't realized that cats stockpiled things. In any case, they're not nearly as habitual about it as ferrets.

Outside my window a strange annual spectacle known as the Duck Derby is in progress. This involves dumping industrial quantities of floating toy ducks in the artificial creek that winds past my street and betting on the outcome. The winner gets a Volkswagen or something. We Kansas Citians really know how to live it up.

I purchased a huge chunk of disk space for my website the other night and am gleefully uploading graphics that I'd been sitting on for fear of exceeding my quota. No chance of that now.

No comments: