Sunday, February 22, 2004





Slight progress made in Barry Miles' "The Beat Hotel" -- which evokes a misplaced nostalgia for Parisian coffeehouses, communal apartments and all-night bistros -- and DAW's 30th anniversary science fiction anthology. I read the first two stories tonight. It's been a long time since I've read an anthology. So far I'm very pleased with the quality of the stories (all new, from "resident" DAW authors).

There's another fairly new anthology, "Redshift," that I've been eyeballing: new stuff by Rudy Rucker (whose epic "Frek and the Elixer" hits shelves this April), Paul Di Filippo and other big names.

In my stereo:

"The Very Best of Roy Orbison" (disc two)
"2001: A Space Odyssey" soundtrack
"The Wishing Chair" (10,000 Maniacs)
"So Tonight That I Might See" (Mazzy Star)
"In Time: The Best of R.E.M." (bonus disc)

No comments: