Thursday, October 27, 2005

Jury acquits man of killing professor

Daneen Milam, a defense expert who said Ngai was insane, said the number of wounds on Martin's head, which left a deep hole in her skull, showed he was focused on something other than just killing Martin.

"He said he was getting a computer chip out," Milam testified. "He said that's what he was going to do. When he couldn't do it, he called the police to help him."

(Via Exploding Aardvark.)


As we enter a new era of "spimes" and omniscient RFID surveillance, we invite a host of new psychopathologies.

In plain English: I'm afraid we're going to be seeing more of this sort of thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live and work in the exact area that this kid did this....
That month I remember I was feeling a bit crazy as well. I mean this literally happened down the street. I might have actually talked to this kid before he did the crime. I used to talk about implantable micro-chips with the customers everyday at my place of employment around the time this happened. I did this so much that I almost got fired for it. I am dating my boss so I would imagine that any where else would have fired me in a heartbeat. When I heard about this, I got frightened.
I fear there my have been a project going on.
I am not diagnosed with any mental illness, but around the time that the kid killed the professor, I was feeling very strange and paranoid. The craziest I have ever felt in my life.