Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Yesterday I went to the H.M.S. Beagle, a great science store with a healthy collection of telescopes, fossils, globes, books, you-name-it. The store is part of NASA's Mars observation project, and holds regular night-sky observations. And it looks like they're going to host a book signing to concur with my appearance on the Discovery Channel, which I was told would be early next year.




At the New Mexico Museum of Natural History in August.


I hadn't even thought of "milking" the Discovery appearance (I still don't know the name of the program), but why not? If nothing else, I get to use one of the store's stupefyingly large scopes.

In the meantime, I've been given the go-ahead for my new book, which will probably be titled "The Postbiological Cosmos." I'd been holding out for my agent to find a bigger publisher, but why wait? I suspect I need a "project" to keep afloat. And as I narcissistically reread the speculative content of this blog, I realize that I've already got some decent starting points.

1 comment:

razorsmile said...

Congrats!