Sunday, November 09, 2003

The American body-count in Iraq has officially eclipsed that of Bush, Sr.'s Gulf War.

Noam Chomsky has pointed out (as if it really needed to be pointed out) that Bush will seize on another "manufactured threat" to ensure his re-election. I have no idea who the next member of the Axis of Evil will be, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Saudi Arabia becomes the new menace to "freedom." And although this may sound defeatist and intolerably cynical (not to mention "un-American"), I also wouldn't be at all surprised if we were treated to another 9-11 sometime in the next several months.





On a more hopeful note, I've noticed fewer "God Bless America" bumper-stickers lately. I think the proles are actually -- maybe -- beginning to get sick of being jerked around.

I wonder if W.'s partial birth abortion ban is coincidence. George Carlin: "Republicans want live babies so they can have dead soldiers."

No comments: