Thursday, August 05, 2004

Recently Blogger has been making a big deal about its new, improved WYSIWYG interface. My complaint: I already had a nice WYSIWYG editor, which inexplicably vanished as soon as Blogger launched the "improved" version. This instigated a series of emails with Blogger technical support, who seemed puzzled at first, but ultimately recommended that I upgrade to a new version of Windows.

Could my computer really be that old? Actually, it is; I got it in 1999, making it downright pre-millennial. In fact, it's due for some maintenance (it's still under warranty), so I'll have to force myself to part with it for a couple weeks in the near-future. Which means using my laptop -- which means relinquishing an actual mouse in favor of that clumsy little touch-screen.

The last time my machine was serviced, they replaced everything. Unfortunately, neither of my new CD drives ever worked. Hence my reluctance to have it "repaired" again.

In an ideal world, I'd be running a Blogger spell-check right now . . .

No comments: