Friday, December 01, 2006

DIY Lucid Dreaming Device Makes Your Dreams Come True, Just Not In Real Life





The best way to get yourself to lucid dream is to send yourself a signal while you're in a deep sleep, generally via a flashing light of some sort. A dude who goes by "natetrue" went and built himself a mask that does just that, flashing you about 5 hours into your sleep cycle. The best part? He's now selling kits so you can make your own for $30.

(Via Reality Carnival.)


I have spontaneous lucid dreams; I haven't yet learned how to induce them. Lately I've become acutely aware that my dreams seem to take place in a variety of interconnected locations. I'd like to explore this half-glimpsed world more deeply, test its barriers, mingle with its inhabitants, memorize its geology, and ally myself with its inherent strangeness.

2 comments:

Garth said...

Is this an electronic version of Brion Gyson's DreamMachine?

Mac said...

Pisces--

It's close, but in this case the flashes are meant to remind the dreamer that s/he's dreaming, not exactly to induce a visionary state.