Friday, June 01, 2007

Fabled monster caught on video

An amateur scientist has captured what Loch Ness Monster watchers say is among the finest footage ever taken of the elusive mythical creature reputed to swim beneath the waters of Scotland's most mysterious lake. (Watch the 'monster' footage Video)

"I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw this jet black thing, about 45-feet (15 meters) long, moving fairly fast in the water," said Gordon Holmes, the 55-year-old a lab technician from Shipley, Yorkshire, who took the video this past Saturday.

He said it moved at about 6 mph (10 kph) and kept a fairly straight course.

"My initial thought is it could be a very big eel, they have serpent-like features and they may explain all the sightings in Loch Ness over the years."


Whatever the "Loch Ness Monster" is, I've never had any substantial problem entertaining the idea that it could belong to an undiscovered marine species. I guess I'm a "Nessie sympathizer." And for whatever it's worth, I predict we'll eventually discover that "Bigfoot" has a basis in zoological fact.

No comments: