Saturday, August 18, 2007

I'm completing a play -- my first -- for Nova Scotia's Semaphore Theatre. I just got an email from Google (which I've trained to do my ego-surging for me) and was directed to this update.

Knowing that "Doing Time" (very loosely based on a short-story I published in 1995) will actually be performed by living, breathing actors is a fairly trippy prospect, somehow more dire than merely committing words to paper (or, more often than not, a computer screen). And I still haven't ironed out the back-story about Martian pharmaceuticals . . .

4 comments:

Paul Kimball said...

Not just living, breathing actors... good living, breathing actors!

Now the pressure is really on!! :-)

PK

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

yea congrats!

So at the end of the play, is the big finale that we find out that the protagonist is actually a crypto-terrestrial?

..Johnny suddenly rips off his "human" mask to reveal large large ebony eyes imbedded in an ashen complexion.. the audience gasps as the curtain falls...fini

yea, I can see that.

Mac said...

Not just living, breathing actors... good living, breathing actors!

Damnit! ;-)