Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I completely crashed last night after getting home. Really pathetic. I was all psyched to finish "Spaceland." My "day job" has been sort of exhausting lately and I typically fall asleep early once a week -- usually Monday, but it's unpredictable. I'm wishing I'd gone for a swim instead.

I'm eager to start "The Sirius Mystery," which I picked up in hardback from Half-Price Books. The "ancient astronaut" meme exerts a noticeable pull on me, and "The Sirius Mystery" is probably the most "sirius" treatment of the idea I'm likely to find. Zechariah Sitchin is interesting -- sometimes even compelling -- but he's very technically limited, not to mention utterly committed to his interpretation. Reading his books can be a lot like reading religious propaganda.

No comments: