Friday, August 15, 2003

I tried to log in to my MSN account last night but was promptly disconnected. My troubleshooter drew a blank, so I'm hoping I was knocked off because of a surge of user traffic (probably Web surfers looking for more information on yesterday's blackout) and not something wrong with my machine. I'll find out this afternoon. Evidently Blogger and Yahoo! are up and running, which comes as a relief.

Although I don't profess to know anything about it yet, I'm interested in the power failure. This is as big -- or quite possibly bigger -- than the famous 1960s (or was it 1950s?) blackout Donald Keyhoe attributes to UFO activity in "Aliens from Space." A conclusive explanation was never found, leading some investigators to wonder if there had been interference from an external electromagnetic source.





I find it interesting that the contemporary blackout coincides very closely with Mars' closest approach to Earth in 70,000 years. As Jacques Vallee has shown, Mars' close approaches to Earth are accompanied by UFO "flaps." Coincidence, or some weird mechanism at work behind the curtain?

Whitley Strieber has been rallying for mass meditation in case this year's Mars approach signals an opportunity to interact with alien beings. One possibility -- albeit not a very plausible one -- is that the power failure was an attention-getting ploy by the UFO intelligence. I'll be extremely interested to scan the preeminent "fringe" sites and see how many others have arrived at this idea independently.

[I could wax really theoretical right now, but I'll resist the temptation. Let's wait and see.]

No comments: