Thursday, May 27, 2004





Creek renamed in Burroughs' honor

"The name change had some opposition in Lawrence, most notably from Douglas County Commissioner Jere McElhaney, who said Burroughs promoted a 'revolutionary lifestyle.'"

Revolutionary lifestyle, you say? Can't have that!

This sad fuck reminds me of the Christian-whatever-it-was spokesman on NPR who, stumbling to explain why he opposed gay marriage without outright saying "I hate fags," hinted that legalizing homosexual marriage would encourage independent thought. Independent thought -- in the United States? Surely you're joking!

Take my advice as a Missouri resident and stay the hell away from goddamned Kansas. It's like the Midwest's own Sargasso Sea, where all of the human debris comes to settle and rot.* Kansas never deserved someone of Burroughs' caliber. And the Kansans with brains had to deal with meatheads like McElhaney just to name a creek after him? Oy!

*I'm just angry, that's all. I'm a Missourian. I suppose it's like the pot calling the kettle black . . .

No comments: