Sunday, May 30, 2004

I just came in from a long walk and replaced all five CDs in my changer (including Morrissey's) with the better part of my Vangelis collection:

1.) Soil Festivities
2.) Oceanic
3.) Albedo 0.39
4.) Themes
5.) The City

This following news item was waiting for me. Thanks to Bill Dash, who has provided me with a slew of stories that seem to have been written with Posthuman Blues in mind. Bill really needs to start his own blog. But until he does I'll happily reap the fruits of his labor.

NEW THEORY SUGGESTS PEOPLE ARE ATTRACTED TO RELIGION FOR 16 REASONS

"People are not drawn to religion just because of a fear of death or any other single reason, according to a new comprehensive, psychological theory of religion."

Could sheer peer-pressure possibly be one of the reasons? It certainly seems to me that a lot of the people who, if asked, would characterize themselves as "religious" are merely going with the flow, following the herd, regurgitating the same lines . . . which does surprisingly little to nullify the negative effects.

No comments: