Saturday, October 09, 2004

It's a good thing The Pitch likes Posthuman Blues, because Scott Pakin's automatic complaint-letter generator sure doesn't:

"Here's the angry letter Posthuman Blues knew it was bound to receive. I begin with critical semantic clarifications. First, I find that I am embarrassed. Embarrassed that some people don't realize that I myself certainly insist that most cuckoo knuckle-draggers think, 'credo, quia absurdum' when they hear Posthuman Blues say that it is entitled to send children to die as martyrs for causes that it is unwilling to die for itself. My views, of course, are not the issue here. The issue is that it just keeps on saying, 'We don't give a [expletive deleted] about you. We just want to seek temporary tactical alliances with pushy snobs in order to intensify race hatred.' Posthuman Blues's ramblings represent a backward step of hundreds of years, a backward step into a chasm with no bottom save the endless darkness of death. Irrespective of one's feelings on the subject, you should never forget the three most important facets of Posthuman Blues's theories, namely their salacious origins, their internal contradictions, and their tendentious nature. Finally, to those of you who are faithfully helping me push a consistent vision that responds to most people's growing fears about besotted mountebanks, let me extend, as always, my deepest gratitude and my most affectionate regards."

I think I'll put that particularly brutal boldfaced sentence on my sidebar . . .

(Thanks to Jason at Busy, Busy, Busy.)

No comments: