Thursday, May 27, 2004

Some random selections from my current fiction to-read list:

1.) "Picoverse" by Robert A. Metzger
2.) "The Golden Age" by John C. Wright
3.) "Zeitgeist" and "The Zenith Angle" by Bruce Sterling
4.) "Chasm City" by Alastair Reynolds
5.) "Mars Underground" by William K. Hartmann
6.) "The Blind Assassin" by Margaret Atwood
7.) "Super-Cannes" and "Millennium People" by J.G. Ballard

Neil Gaiman's "American Gods" has my total attention. Like Neal Stephenson's "Cryptonomicon," it makes me want to seal myself in a vault so I can give immerse myself in it uninterrupted.

You have never been in love
until you've seen the stars
reflect in the reservoirs
and you have never been in love
until you've seen the dawn rise
behind the Home For The Blind

--Morrissey, "The First of the Gang to Die" (song of the day)

No comments: