Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Excuse the scant posting; Blogger effectively flatlined for most of today, but it looks like the problem has been addressed.

Interesting synchronicity today: I met a friend at the bookstore and the very first book my eye fell on is none other than "The Mole People" (see earlier post), which I had assumed must be some impossibly hard-to-find small-press tome.

I immediately grabbed it and scanned the table of contents. The third chapter is titled "Mac's War." It's about a sewer-dweller who catches raccoon-sized rats by their tails and proceeds to pound them senseless. I'm certain there's got to be a useful metaphor in that.

So "The Mole People" shoots to the top of my nonfiction to-read list (along with Jack Black's "You Can't Win," the unsparing chronicle of hobo culture that inspired William Burroughs' "Junky").

I like reading about weirdos.

No comments: