Sunday, July 11, 2004

I suppose the book discussion/signing was a success, insofar as a virtually unknown author with a book about Martians sitting at a table can be considered a "success." No rabid female Mars groupies throwing themselves at my feet, but still not bad. B&N kindly supplied me with a pen and ice water and I found myself talking at surprising length about Mars, SETI and the politics of belief (with an unexpected digression into Hungarian linguistics).

A few people even bought books. Blognaut Jason Sheets (Busy, Busy, Busy) actually came prepared with a copy purchased at Borders (where the book is classified as "Speculation" instead of "New Age"). And "Katmak," who flew in from Texas (!) to catch the gig, came with a copy of my fiction debut "Illumined Black." How about that?

No comments: