Friday, July 09, 2004

I gave an interview to radio duo Erik & Carson tonight. Erik and Carson (I didn't know which was which) asked relevant questions, such as: "You're not a scientist, yet you claim there is evidence of intelligent life on Mars. How come NASA hasn't noticed?" That qualifies as the first thoughtful question I've fielded from the ten-minute radio spots I've been doing; everyone else wants an excuse to mouth non-sequiturs about flesh-eating arachnids and postmodern rock-stars. (Of course, the show is taped, so I'm sure they can digitally sample my voice and make me say anything, but it seemed like they were trying.)

It's the way they spell my name on their website that frankly boggles me:

"Maqx Tonnies - Mars Expert, Author of 'After the Martian Apocalypse'"

"Maqx"? Sorry guys -- I write about Mars; I'm not from Mars.

No comments: