Thursday, September 07, 2006

The best Marian apparition yet:

Mother of God! Icons are making virtual visits

"... my religious beliefs (or lack thereof) changed drastically today while building a pre-fab in S[econd] L[ife]," explains Saluko in the description of the digital icon on the classifieds site SLExchange. "Upon rezzing a standard cube, suddenly and to my astonishment, what appeared to be the image of the Virgin Mary appeared on side 0! Clear as day on a .5x.5x.5 cube you can see the mother of Jesus!"

And she's right. If you stare at the computer-generated grains, you can see the holy mother clear as day. Better still, Saluko is willing to give you this piece of religious idolatry for only $100 of real money. It truly is a small price to pay.

(Via The Anomalist.)

3 comments:

Katie said...

OK, to this I will give my usual *sigh*... ;o)

Mac said...

I can't think of a more apt response!

Katie said...

Glad to see you're FINALLY seeing this crap for what it is... :o)