Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Future shock





Case study: Electric shock therapy in China for internet 'addiction'

"I admit the internet can be quite alluring and sometimes I would use it all day, but if I had other things to do – like playing basketball – I wouldn't use it at all," he said.

"Then my mum saw the adverts on television. They demonised the internet and after watching them she believed I was sick and it was very serious."

He was given ECT for the first time when he resisted admission to the clinic.

"I can't remember how many times [they gave me shocks], but it must have been dozens. They would let me rest for a while then give me another. The session lasted about half an hour," he said.


This reads like a scene from "Brazil," had the world of Brazil had the Net.

[Follow me on Twitter.]

7 comments:

Red Pill Junkie said...

FASCISTS!!!

PS: And I'm guessing that the woman is the addict in that pulp art, 'cause you never saw a junkie portrayed wearing a tie until the 1980s :-P

Mac said...

Do you know who the author, "William Lee," is . . . ?

Red Pill Junkie said...

*Wikying*

Well, what do you know? Guess it's always better to fuel creativity through personal experience! ;-)

comprar un yate said...

Thanks so much for the post, really effective data.

playhouse plans said...

"Thanks for sharing such a great post. You may want to learn enchanting leveling guide or get in shape with led vs lcd or getting to know on Canon 550d
"

how to get a girls number said...

"Thanks for sharing such a great post. You may want to learn wow enchanting guide or get in shape with p90x or getting to know on what do you need for p90x

kelinci said...

Kelinci
Kelinci Rabbit
Perkelincian
Jual Kelinci
Rabbitry Kelinci