Monday, March 22, 2004

Nigerian spammers are getting smarter. Please note the following
personalized spam, revealing that I'm related to a guy named "Pitt" . . .

Dear Mac Tonnies,

I am Lawyer GARUBA MOHAMMED, a solicitor at law. I am
the personalAttorney to Mr. Pitt Tonnies,a nationalof
your country, who usedto work with Chevron
OilProducing Company in Nigeria. Here in After shall
be referred to as my client. On the 21st of April
2002, my client, his wife and their only daughter were
involved in a car accident along Lagos;Ibadan
Expressway. All occupants of the vehicle unfortunately
lost their lives.

Since then I have made several inquiries to your
embassy here to Locate any of my client's extended
relatives, this has also Proved unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided
to track his Last name over the Internet, to locate
any member of his family Hence I contacted you. I have
contacted you to assist in Repatriating the fund
valued at US$18 million Left behind by my Client
before it gets Confiscated or declared unserviceable
by the Finance Firm where these huge amounts were
deposited. The said Finance company has issued me a
notice to provide the next of kin or have the account
confiscated within the next fourteen official
Working days.


[et cetera]

No comments: