Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I don't track blog demographics, but if anyone reading resides in California and likes good science fiction/horror, John Shirley will be appearing at Dark Delicacies Books this Saturday at 2:00.





Says Shirley: "I'll sign 'The Crow' memorabilia, since I co-wrote the screenplay, I'll sign Blue Oyster Cult memorabilia, since I wrote 18 sets of lyrics for them (see for example their lp 'Heaven Forbid'), I'll sign scraps of paper -- I'll even sign *my own books* -- they'll have the new edition of 'In Darkness Waiting' on sale at the bookstore but I'll sign any of my books, or books I'm in. They'll also have the 'Constantine' movie novelization I wrote. And I'll talk to people, whether they have something to sign or not. We'll talk amongst ourselves. We'll have cawfee and we'll tawk."

This is none other than the guy William Gibson credits for helping establish the zeitgeist explored in "Neuromancer." He's the author of "Silicon Embrace," the best book about the uber-paranoid black-ops/UFO counterculture ever contemplated. His short-stories leave you fairly craving more. He collaborates with the likes of Rudy Rucker and Bruce Sterling. He authors a prolific and unusually articulate blog. I would imagine there's a hell of a lot to "tawk" about.

Dark Delicacies Books
4213 W. Burbank Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91505
818-556-6660 / 888-darkdelage

No comments: