Wednesday, April 20, 2005

SWM Seeking Alien Hottie

"All of this has provided much amusement for founder Newmark, who notes that most of the interest has been concentrated in the personals section. 'A lot of people are interested in interspecies dating,' he muses. 'Of course, we're no stranger to that in the Bay Area. There have been specialized items in which people expressed their desires in terms of tentacles and that kind of thing.'" (Via The Anomalist.)

Yes, I'm approaching desperation -- but at least I'm limiting my search to fellow terrestrials.

7 comments:

Ken said...

You know, if an alien chic were beautiful, I think I might actually date her.

JohnFen said...

Heck she wouldn't have to be beautiful. Simply being not completely disgusting would be good enough. She's an alien! How could anybody resist?

Mac, you shouldn't be so speciesist. "Once you go Grey, nothing else will play."

Anonymous said...

Like many kids they know, my kids are interested in anime. One of the strange realities of being a mother in this era that I never thought I'd encounter is having to lecture my daughters with all the stern rectitude I could muster, "And young lady, I don't EVER want to walk by this computer and see hentai on it. Not one single tentacle."

This was never in any of the parenting books I read.

Unknown said...

hahahahaha @ carol


Mac, I thought for sure by the headline that was _your_ personal ad.

Mac said...

I suppose I would indeed date an alien.

You know what they say: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Anonymous said...

A science fiction story published (I think) in the sixties deals with an affair between a feline-style alien female (she is literally a kind of humanoid "tigress") and a human male, who visits the artificial-world/starship that the aliens arrive in. I don't remember the author. BTW, Mac, what would you DO on the date?
--WMB

Mac said...

The feline alien you describe sound like it might be one of Larry Niven's...

As far as a date with an alien: It would depend on what kind of alien. Maybe we could meld our synapses or something...