Monday, February 13, 2006

I enjoy checking in on Cliff Pickover's The Six Thousand and thought I'd launch a similar effort here at Posthuman Blues. So from time to time I'll name-drop some people who warrant "visiting" online, limiting my round-up of hipsters and visionaries to those who maintain their own websites.

The first five, in no particular order:

Hans Moravec (roboticist)

Michio Kaku (theoretical physicist)

Jacques Vallee (astronomer, ufologist)

Neil Gaiman (author)

John Shirley (author, musician)

4 comments:

Danieru said...

Michio Kaku's book Hyperspace wass definitely on of my most life changing books. I read it when I was 17 and it literally blew to pieces my conception of reality. I haven't looked back since!

Good choice...

Mac said...

Kaku's "Visions" is good, too. And I like his TV appearances. He seems like a very nice, approachable guy.

Danieru said...

I didn't rate visions as much - futurology is never as predictive as a good science-fiction story.

Some nice ideas though

Mac said...

Futurology is at its best when it's attempting to *prevent* the future.