Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Last night I felt compelled to document how I felt for reasons more practical than self-pitying; for better or worse, this blog has become a way of sorting through thoughts that may only be tangentially related to standard tropes. (Alien visitation, anybody? Or how about a nice steaming bowl of greenhouse apocalypse?)

Today's been . . . better. At least in the sense that I think I know where I stand. I no longer feel that placating automatic response to choose ersatz happiness over emotional honesty -- or at least I'd like to think so. Time will tell.

Truthfully, I felt slightly guilty even posting yesterday's despairing tirade. The bit about watching the walls, while true enough, was unsettlingly personal. And I didn't want to alarm anyone, because as dejected as I feel I'm not on the verge of complete apathetic abandon . . . although sometimes it can feel that way, and I may have very well given the impression that I viewed my continued existence as a write-off.

More to the point, I want to thank everyone for the unexpected show of support and advice. Not to mention for putting up with the erratic content: Angsty confessionals make for bad blogs.

Now on with the show.

8 comments:

Alfred Lehmberg said...

Really!?

_That's_ what I'm doing wrong!

LOL!

...Offer stands, though.

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Mac said...

Thanks, Alfred.

And I could be wrong ... maybe angsty confessional blogs are *hot stuff*. Maybe they're the next big thing!

Alfred Lehmberg said...

"There you go man,
keep as cool as you can.
Face piles
And piles
Of trials
With smiles.
It riles them to believe
that you perceive
them when they leave...
And keep on thinking free."

alienview@roadrunner.com
> www.AlienView.net
>> AVG Blog -- http://alienviewgroup.blogspot.com/
>>> U F O M a g a z i n e -- www.ufomag.com

Carol Maltby said...

Emotional honesty makes for good blogs.

And more importantly, it makes for better friendships.

We're glad you trusted enough to let the Posthuman Blues Irregulars
be honest back with you.

Mac said...

The "Posthuman Blues Irregulars"? Weren't they a punk act back in '82?

Katie said...

Just so you always remember that in the "blogosphere" that there are folks that care about you, and support you, and are willing to chat with you if you ever feel the need. :o)

Anonymous said...

Umm, maybe I am a little late with the advice, but I hope you have heard of cognitive behavioural therapy? Google it if you haven't. I have had an interest in it for years, and it seems very well proven as effective for all but the most severe depressions. There is nothing new age-y, spiritual or faddish about it, and does not take year to learn. You sound to me like the perfect sort of person to try it. Just a thought...

Dustin said...

Glad to hear Mac. You've got quite a support group here. ;-)