Friday, January 19, 2007





My editor at Paraview got the scoop on the missing "After the Martian Apocalypse" enigma from Simon & Schuster. Evidently the book's first (and thus far only) print run has indeed sold out, making it a genuine Collector's Item. However, S&S maintains (quite unconvincingly) that since the book is still widely available in electronic format it isn't technically out of print.

A second printing isn't impossible, but S&S won't even consider committing unless they're aware of a demand. So if you want a tree-based copy, send me an email at macbot@yahoo.com. If enough readers get in touch, I'll forward a list to Paraview, who will in turn approach S&S . . . and maybe "ATMA" will return, phoenix-like, to bookshelves. (In an ideal universe I could even make some revisions and add a chapter or two to encompass the Mars Exploration Rovers, which had already landed when "ATMA" went to press . . .)

2 comments:

platts42 said...

Sweet! I have an autographed one with an alien sketch.

I can't wait until you die so I can sell it for the big bucks.

I hope it sees a second printing.

ufoia1310 said...

I just ordered what might have been the last copy on half.com. A second printing (or, as you point out, a second edition with additional material) would be great.

Congrats on this--I don't know what kind of print run Paraview does, but a sell-out is a real accomplishment!

ajg