Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"Non-Local" Effects on the Human Body





In my experience, and possibly in the experience of some yoga and/or Reiki practictioners (which, incidentally, I am not on both counts), there is one area outside of the body, approximately 1 1/2 feet above the scalp which, when "touched", can be felt as a distinct pressure at the top of the head. When analyzed, the sensation - initially felt as slight tug - might be described as a type of ray or vortex emmanating from or to the head; a primary locus point in what ultimately can be perceived as an envelope surrounding the upper body.


Has anyone experienced anything like this? I'm impressed with the writer's candor and clarity.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recall, but don't quote me on this, reading an article in which some enterprising scientists were measuring the electrical fields within the body-I believe they used some sort of fluid, which could be lightly charged, and sensed, or a full body set of electrodes. What they found seemed to startle them, as the elctric fields, weak though they were, coincided, to within 80 to 90 %, with older asian charts of the medians one uses for acupuncture.
I'm thinking that th next upcoming field in biology, will be the intimate connection electromagnetic fields have with our bodies. That electromagnetic fields interact, deterministically, in highly complex manner with our bodies, and that we are biological transducers. It may reveal long known, and somehwat forgotten, by th west, at least, senses and conditions both within and without the body.

Unknown said...

I can't explain the science behind it, but I just tried it for myself - raised my hand to above the top of my head, and I could feel a sensation like the hairs standing on end - only in a small spot, nothing dramatic, but a definite tingling. I don't think I was imagining it because I can still feel the tingling now.