Friday, February 14, 2003

The storm stopped and I was able to get my latte and read a chunk from "Cryptonomicon" (I'm now over half finished). Richard Dolan (author of the excellent "UFOs and the National Security State") is going to provide a blurb for my Mars book. Very cool. I queried Whitley Strieber but somehow doubt I'll get a reply.

Zakas sent me an assortment of demo CDs in the mail today. I encourage you to check out his website at www.aliensurgeon.com -- it's like a macabre funhouse. May cause seizures. His upcoming CD has a song called "Gods Black Space" about the Face on Mars. It's got faced-paced narration culled from my website: my small contribution to the music world. I hope it goes platinum.

In the news...Austrian scientists have shown that quantum entangled particles can be used to transmit information after all. This opens the possibility that alien intelligences may use quantum teleportation to communicate instantaneously, speed of light be damned. And SETI has the audacity to think civilizations a million years ahead of us are using radio.

Quick plug: I'm Assistant Editor for a new print magazine called Mysteries. Look for it on bookshelves in the near future or, better yet, subscribe and help ensure my literary career. I'll be glad you did.

No comments: