Friday, June 20, 2003

I just bought "Hail to the Thief" by Radiohead; can't wait to listen to it.

National Public Radio has been doing their annual fund drive, which is so whorishly self-congratulatory it's actually painful to listen to. If I attempted the same sort of campaign for my website or this blog, it might go something like this:

Spokesperson 1: "And where else but MTVI can one find such stimulating essays on misunderstood scientific phenomena?"

Spokesperson 2: "And that's saying nothing about the great book reviews! This is definitely a site that that deserves a hearty financial contribution!"

Spokesperson 3: "I'll say, Spokesperson 2! I think it's time for all the poeple who have enjoyed Mac's online material to team up and give him a large sum of money so he can continue to bring us the absolute best in oddball commentary, eclectic links and utterly selfless truth-seeking!"

Ad nauseum.

No comments: