Thursday, April 09, 2009

Recommended reads

Looking for a dose of sanity? Chris Wren's blog is for you.

Elsewhere, Mike Clelland articulates some of my own suspicions and wonders if the Internet (and its attendant telecommunications apparatus) has the potential for sentience:

Is there an evolving giant life form of synaptic fibers emerging within cyberspace? Is it a new set of neurotransmitters, allowing and encouraging an alternative web of synchronistic happenings?


Incidentally, Web-based consciousness is the premise of "Wake," the new novel by Robert J. Sawyer (who hosts "Supernatural Investigator").

3 comments:

Mike Clelland! said...

Thanks Mac for calling my blog post "sane"

I am wallowing in the fact that all of this stuff is IN-sane. I trust your jugements more than I trust mine.

Mike!

Tristan Eldritch said...

I fear that if the Internet attained sentience, it's first words would be "OMG WTF?"

Mac said...

@Mike

Actually, I was calling Chris Wren's blog "sane." But so is yours! ;-)

@Tristan

Yeah, I think that would constitute a passing grade on the Turing Test.