Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Here's a story about the Mars book Wireless Flash News is circulating (apparently one of two). I was called up this morning by a show in California and asked about the anomalous Martian "spider" formations depicted in "After the Martian Apocalypse." (The hosts were under the impression that the "spiders" were literal, potentially astronaut-threatening arachnids . . .)

So far as I can tell, the hosts heard of the book from Flash News . . . and now Flash News has recycled the CA interview. Unfortunately, since I don't subscribe, I can't read the actual article.

Real Spiders From Mars Don't Know Ziggy Stardust
Wednesday, June 30, 2004
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (Wireless Flash) -- There are indeed spiders from Mars -- but David Bowie is nowhere near them.

(The Bowie idea was mine. Or maybe I just dreamed it was mine; I was tired.)

"But you could have walked away, couldn't you?"

No comments: