Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Now that I actually stop to think about it, I don't think there are two separate stories about my book by Wireless Flash after all. I think the one posted below is it. That interview was a while ago and I only remember that the guy sounded incredibly bored, apparently peeved that he had to ask me questions about a subject which he must have considered hopelessly outre and embarrassing.

I was aware that this morning's radio hosts were very much intent on making the "spiders" laughable, but at least it was live and I was able to clarify. And considering they were taking their cue from Wireless, who can really blame them?

Tomorrow morning should be interesting; I'm assuming the Irish hosts picked up the story from Wireless as well and will attempt a similar "hit." ("Hey, this moron thinks there are giant, blood-sucking spiders on Mars! And, uh, tumbleweeds! I know what he's smoking!" Of course, you have to imagine this being said in a thick Irish accent.)

No comments: