Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Yes, I'm tinkering with the layout. Don't panic; all is well.

I've decided to go without Haloscan. You can, of course, still leave comments -- and I think Blogger's revamped commenting system is an arguable improvement (with the bonus that it presumably retains comments indefinitely instead of letting them "fade" after a few months).

As for the actual template: I think I'm going to stick with what I have now. This is the third or fourth design change I've made since starting this blog in January, 2003; longtime readers who remember the black-and-white "robot" motif are sure to find the present incarnation a decided improvement. I predict those of you who really liked the previous look will come to like this one, if only grudgingly, but if you have any major complaints please let me know.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So has http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/

Till later, A. C.

Anonymous said...

Blue background really sucks for readability, and the menu on the right keeps dragging the eye over there.

I very strongly object.

Mac said...

Aw, Carol! Just when I was starting to really dig it! :-)

JohnFen said...

Haha!

The last time I revamped DRT's look, the colors were the hardest part. I shopped schemes around, and in the end decided that whatever you do, someone's going to hate it. So I picked one nobody really liked.

Mac said...

Well, plus the blue goes with the title. It's "Posthuman Blues," Carol -- not "Posthuman Mauve" or "Posthuman Teal."

It'll grow on you. I promise.

Anonymous said...

i like it!

Mac said...

I like it, too.

Anonymous said...

If it's posthuman as literally as the blues, maybe you should have a person being a thick slab of wood holding up a mailbox or part of a fence.