Friday, November 18, 2005

Just when you think you've seen every possible online dating service, along comes FarmersOnly.com.

From their site:

There are basically two groups in America. Group one, their life revolves around four dollar cups of coffee, taxis cabs, blue suits, high heels, conference rooms and getting ahead at all costs in the corporate world. If you fall into this group you're probably in the wrong place. Group two, enjoys blue skies, wide open spaces, raising animals, appreciating nature and truly understand the meaning of southern hospitality, even if you don't live in the south.


Funny . . . I don't seem to fall into either group (except for the four-dollar coffee part). I'm personally much more comfortable in my own island universe of ubiquitous Internet access, contemporary art, cosmology, Martian enigmas, and R.E.M.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's curious how often this odd need to classify society comes down to "There are basically two types of people; those who divide people into two types, and those who don't."

Kyle said...

I rather prefer the t-shirt slogan, There are 10 kinds of people...those who read binary and those who don't.

But Mac I must say we synch but for a few items...in my milieu I definitely succomb to the siren song of hyper-priced java; I'm there with the 24/7 internet access (I'm just ending a 32 hour stretch of deadline web work...zzzzzzzz); the art is more likely Bosch or Frazetta; right there with you on cosmology (the more speculative the better); just "enigmas" for me; and REM for sure with a healthy dose of INXS, BeBop DeLuxe, and King Crimson. LOL

For the most part, as Spock might say, "we reach". And we're two very different people, similarities aside. In the end, lumping people into an arbitrary number of types is ridiculous, IMO. But I defer to my initial comment for purposes of humor alone... :)

Kyle
UFOreflections.blogspot.com