Saturday, November 05, 2005

Last night I ducked into the Kemper Museum of Contemporary Art for the final minutes of a concert/open poetry reading and some free coffee.





While looking at art, I realized I was in an ideal place to do a Lynndie, something I've been itching to do for a long time.

For the uninitiated, a "Lynndie" is an impersonation of Lynndie England, the US soldier infamous for her role in the Abu Ghraib prison abuse case. I mistakenly pointed with three fingers -- and my "thumbs up" certainly could have been cheerier -- but I suppose I got the idea across. (By the way, that's a tube of lipstick in my mouth.)





"DJ Nucleon" was performing: spoken word and improvised electronic sound effects. If I had a band, it would probably sound something like this.

(Photos by "Elizabeth.")

Lynndie links:

Doing A Lynndie

Stealth Lynndie-ing

Rudy Rucker doing a Lynndie!

2 comments:

Marti said...

OMG - I saw the photo and thought, "He's doing Lynndie England" before I read the caption. That is too funny!

Are you going to see the "New Media" exhibit "Vanishing Sky"? Saw a review in the Star, it sounds interesting.

Hope you have a lovely day.

Mac said...

Marti--

Ha! Glad you "got" it!

And yes, I'm damned well going to see "Vanishing Sky"; I almost went the other day.

I hope *you* have a most lovely day.