Monday, July 17, 2006

This sentence concocted by the Random Logline Generator:

"A timid zoo keeper, a paraplegic voice-over artist, and an overbearing cashier hide from their oppressors."

Supposedly random sentences like this are good therapy for creatively bereft fiction writers.

I'll assume the zoo keeper has been unwittingly "employed" by a hostile dystopian government to supervise the care and feeding of mutated humans while the voice-over artist is on the run from a "Ministry of Truth"-like job making politicians appear articulate before their images are transmitted.

That leaves the overbearing cashier. Hmmm . . .

(Thanks to The Huge Entity.)

3 comments:

Jon said...

Easy - the cashier is the unassuming everyman whose shallow, self-centered paradigm is blown wide open when forced to see through the lies of the government. And he's not happy about being taken out of his little comfort zone.

On a completely unrelated note, W,M. Bear, I'm mildly surprised to find that I'm not the only Walgreens employee who reads Posthuman Blues. That place is quietly encroaching on far too many facets of my personal life... ;)

Mac said...

I sorta like Walgreens.

Mac said...

I, too, have experience Dealing With The Public . . . and I'd readily trade some of my experiences in! But I suppose they can offer a unique sense of perspective. I think of it as "field anthropology."