Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chocolatiers see image of Virgin Mary in lump

As a chocolatier to the rich and famous, Martucci Angiano has posed with many celebrities.

But on Thursday she held in her hand a figure that dazzles her more than any Hollywood star: a 2-inch-tall column of chocolate drippings that workers at her gourmet chocolate company believe bears a striking resemblance to the Virgin Mary.

(Via The Anomalist.)


That's nothing. I once saw a chunk of steak that looked exactly like the "Millennium Falcon." Right down to the gun turrets.

4 comments:

Katie said...

It's a piece of chocolate!

Seriously, these cases of simulacra are just getting ridiculous. This made the news why? :P

Katie said...

"(Until I read the caption, I first thought the picture of the VM the woman was holding for comparison WAS the simulacrum and thought HOAX! Looks like it was painted!)

OK then, I'll amend my statement...
It's a incorrectly tempered piece of chocolate! :o)

Mac said...

It's not a bad simulacrum. At least, I've seen worse.

Katie said...

*sigh*