Saturday, January 26, 2008

Cuban taser glove of 1935

More punch than can be found in a box-glove is contained in a new electric glove invented by Cirilo Diaz of Cuba for use by police while handling rough characters or in quelling riots. Persons contacted by an officer wearing the glove receive a 1,500-volt shock, sufficient to remove all traces of fight. A half-pound battery worn on the belt supplies the power, all wiring being concealed beneath the coat.

(Via Boing Boing.)


Perhaps the first thing I'd do upon donning the taser-glove in 1935 is fly to some remote island populated by some primitive tribe. As a display of my divine prowess, I'd tase a few of the village's alpha males, then proceed to encourage unconditional worship. (Dissenters, of course, would find themselves mercilessly tased.)

Attended by the community's choicest women, I'd rule my corner of the globe with an electric fist . . .

. . . until the batteries ran out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, if you chose your first few tasings very carefully you could keep the illusion going for years after the batteries die!

Mac said...

Now that I think about it, I suppose you're right.

Where's my taser glove? I've got a plane to catch!