Saturday, January 24, 2009

Little green man

Tiny doll made of living cells





According to an announcement made on January 22, the researchers created the tiny figurine by cultivating 100,000 cell capsules -- 0.1-millimeter balls of collagen, each coated with dozens of skin cells -- together inside a doll-shaped mold for one day. After the cell capsules had coalesced to form the doll-shaped mass of tissue, it was placed in a culture solution, where it reportedly survived for more than a day.

(Via Next Nature.)


Just think: ufologists can now claim with absolute confidence that scientists have kept a humanoid life form in laboratory custody.

Take that, Seth Shostak!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

зеленый лазер
электрошокер
товары мини камеры
товары народного потребления

Boris kreiman said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading what you all have to say


real estate law
how to buy a house
first time home buyer programs