Monday, May 18, 2009

"Supernatural Investigator" stills (part one)

I finally received a DVD of my February appearance in the titular role of Vision TV's "Supernatural Investigator." As I'm allowed to post a couple minutes of footage for promotional purposes, I figured I might as well share a few stills instead.

First up is an unflattering shot of me "grilling" the University of Wyoming's Jeffrey Lockwood, an entomologist who taught a NASA-funded course devoted to communicating with ETs (via written English).





And here I am entering a recording studio with the SETI Institute's Seth Shostak. (I disagree with many of the Institute's guiding tenets -- most notably its irrationally harsh, largely uninformed dismissal of UFO evidence. That said, Shostak was a charming and cordial host and I enjoyed strolling the SETI Institute's museum-like central corridor. And where else can you find a paperweight emblazoned with the Drake Equation?)





I had the chance to answer a question for the SETI Institute's radio show. The theme was technology. As I was in the habit of chronicling my travels via Twitter, I related my own somewhat schizophrenic relationship with gadgets.





On a tangential note, I've grown to dislike the gray shirt I'm wearing in the bottom two photos. It makes me look vaguely like Dr. Evil.

(All images courtesy of Vision TV.)

1 comment:

merlinhoot said...

Look out Alan Alda