Saturday, September 03, 2005

The speakerphone in my apartment lobby:





"Ruth," one of the better-known Plaza sculptures. She's biblical, so I suppose there's a moral of some sort lurking behind that ashen, unassuming face.





I see this guy about every week. He sets up shop outside the Cheesecake Factory and plays keyboard and electric guitar. I'd kill for one millionth of his musical ability.





After indeterminable months of construction, I've finally got an electronic crosswalk. No more dodging across the street only to circumnavigate traffic cones and gaping holes in the ground.



2 comments:

Mac said...

I figure if he knew how much someone like you appreciated his talent, it would make his week!

As soon as sell another book I'll leave him a big tip.

Mac said...

That's a good idea. I think all creative people -- no matter what their field -- should have a website of some kind.