Saturday, September 03, 2005

Vacation is Over... an open letter from Michael Moore to George W. Bush

"Dear Mr. Bush:

"Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag."

I don't typically find Michael Moore all that clever or funny -- or at least not as clever and funny as he obviously thinks he is. But I liked this one.

2 comments:

Mac said...

So, some dirty bomb goes off in K.C., and how much help do YOU expect, Mac?

Absolutely none. I figure it will be several years before anyone notices we're missing ;-)

Mac said...

That said, I also have to say that I found "Fahrenheit 9/11" almost a total bore. The scenes of a clueless, venal Bush on 9/11 and after didn't do anything for me because I've ALWAYS looked at Bush that way, even before he was elected.

Very true. Moore didn't have to be much of a satirist. Bush, an idiot? We needed a documentary to tell us?