Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More from Whitley:

A Fine Birthday Present





All of this, and still the arrogance continues, and the stupidity, as the culture at large throws out the magnificent chance we have been given to gather knowledge from whoever the visitors are, be they from another planet, from another dimension, from the land of the dead or our own souls--whatever they are, they are the most valuable thing that has happened to humankind since we harnessed fire, and if ever there was any act that signaled our coming ruin, it is our denial of them, our foolish, prideful and extraordinarily stupid turning away from the treasure house of new knowledge that they have on offer.


The guy really needs to keep a proper blog . . .

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Hey Mac -

I'm not sure I get this...is your "proper blog" comment a form of kudos, a criticism of the form, or the content, or something altogether different?

I find Whit a bit tedious on the subject of the "visitors" since he seems to vacillate between them being real, or imagined, or...????

What's your take...live or Memorex??

Kyle
UFOReflections.blogspot.com

Mac said...

A criticism of form. His "journal" entries appear at the same URL, making "keeping up with Whitley" rather exasperating from an archival point of view.

I actually appreciate Strieber's vacillation. Tiring? Yes. But at least he's not pretending to have all the answers, which he doesn't.

As for Strieber himself, I have little doubt that he's endured a fair share of strangeness. It's the precise nature of this strangeness that interests me.

Kyle said...

Hey Mac -

OK...I have to agree with the critique on the "journal".

And from Communion I was onboard with the Strieber "strangeness" brigade. But I'm having a more difficult time parsing the later stuff.

I DO agree that he writes some interesting stuff, and he certainly does NOT claim to have answers...refreshing considering his volume of writing on the subject.

Perhaps the questions are as intriguing...if not moreso...than the answers may prove to be. LOL

Mac said...

I would very much like to meet Strieber. I think a few longish chats would help settle, for me at least, some of the confusing issues that arise from overpondering his written work.

And if he could arrange a "visit," well, I'd probably have to say yes. Although it appears he no longer experiences the encounters made famous in his books.