Friday, June 09, 2006

"Post" magic?

The wars, the slaughters, the abuse -- it is incoherent to me in a very specific way. I was explaining this earlier. To me, it's not a kind of not-sense that is in fact just "not agreeing with."

Like when I say "that hair style makes no sense to me." You have to understand it to say that. By "no sense" you are instead questioning their taste.

But this isn't an aesthetic lack of understanding. The kind of "not-sense" that makes many of the modern cultures and the behaviors that follow from them opaque to me is of a different category. It'’s like staring at a blank wall, and someone asks you, "what do you think of those tulips there?"


I can grok this.

1 comment:

platts42 said...

I know exactly how you feel.

Pretty much most of my outside experiences are such.

Work, Pop Culture...baffle the fuck out me.