Monday, October 30, 2006





I had a multiple-witness saucer sighting while in Halifax. Greg Bishop shares his recollection:

Breakfast at "The Triangle" Halifax N.S. 10/15/06. Mac Tonnies orders steamed mussels and has a flying saucer sighting. Mac is overcome by the spiritual nature of the encounter (note golden halo which mysteriously appeared around his head.)


I don't know if the steamed mussels came in peace or not; I ate them before they had a chance to communicate.

By the way, Tim Binnall has me pegged as a "should-be" Coast to Coast AM guest:

Considered by many to be one of the "next big things" in esoterica, Tonnies is quickly gaining a following in the blogosphere. His book on the much discussed anomalies on Mars has drawn widespread critical acclaim. Tonnies could bring a fresh, open-minded, but thankfully grounded, look at the C2C stalwart that is Mars.


While I'm not sure I see a C2C guest spot happening (late-night radio politics being what they are), I appreciate the vote of confidence. In any case, it's not inconceivable that I'll make an appearance on Tim's own show.

7 comments:

Greg Bishop said...

They land, we steam them to death, we eat them. Why do you think that there is no overt contact?

I don't know why you haven't been on C2C yet. Didn't the Paraview/ Simon & Schuster crew do anything for you? Be prepared for a server crash and a huge 1-2 week spike in book sales when you do make it.

Mac said...

My book's about Mars, Greg. Do you really think C2C's going to allow a dissenting voice when Richard Hoagland is "science" adviser?

BTW, Mike Bara just posted this to an earlier post:

"Nice to have stumbled accross your dismal little Blog, Mac. Always nice to know what the pseudo-intellectual, half-assed faggot Hoagland wannabes are thinking. Yeah, I'm sure it's just a rock, with a bright red stripe accross it. Lots of moon rocks have red paint on them.

And yes children, you will get to read it in September. Gee, I wonder if it will get a good review from Mac Tonnies? I'm so hoping I can get an endorsement from that intellectual giant.

Now go back to playing in your sandbox. The adults have work to do."

Hope that answers your question.

Katie said...

Frankly? If I were you, I'd be telling Mike Bara that he can kiss my ass. But you're too nice to do that.

Or are you? ;o)

Hoagland (whom I used to respect highly), and his cronies have become nothing better than jokes these past few years, and Bara has no call to criticize.

BTW, hope you feel better!

Mac said...

I have a lot of respect for Hoagland's early Mars work. He asked unfashionable questions when no one else wanted to ask them, and basically alerted the world to the presence of something that deserved -- and still deserves -- attention.

As for "f" bomb-dropping cronies, who cares?

Katie said...

Heh, good point. I guess I tend to mouth off first, instead of considering whether or not the person I'm directing my ire towards is worth the effort.

You're right. He's not.

Greg Bishop said...

People resort to the "pseudo-intellectual" label when they can't understand what you're saying and give up trying, and somewhere deep down, they doubt their own philosophy. I doubt mine too, but since it's partially BASED on doubt, I'm safe!

If I ever get back on C2C, I'll certainly put in a plug for you. Kenn Thomas does that sort of thing a lot, and it's an admirable quality.

I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this, ya big sandbox-playing homo.

Greg

PS Did you get the mp3 I sent yesterday?

Mac said...

Got the MP3! Haven't had a chance to (re)listen to it yet, but I will.

Anyway, the sandbox calls...