Friday, September 19, 2008





I get letters. Oh, do I ever. Usually the crank emails are innocuous enough, but sometimes they pretend to a cheesy sense of malevolence, like communiques from an "X-Files" out-take.

Take, for example, the most recent:

There is a very sophisticated CI program in process.

I could name many names. It isn't healthy to do so.
Do you really understand? I doubt it but I'll give it a try.
(I received a warning concerning mention of some topics)

This CI Program, base on criteria that are not entirely explicable , has turned and recruited several well known
names in the field. Names once I respected.

The CI operatives have a list and an agenda. This list
is the shaping and directing of those on this list.
You are on such a list. I can't imagine the need in fact,
You confuse and travel down false trails without help
How much you have been mentored maliciously is unknown.

Several of your travels were not accidental .
You, and a coterie, are recipients of this CI effort.
An operative lives in AZ.

The message is said with plausible deniability.
None of this is true. it is all mind games.
Or is it?

You will find the truth by carefully going through
experiences. Go into a quiet room and examine fresh
all your experiences regarding those who have taken
time to mentor and influence.

This is either raving nonsense or a vital step in
understanding what is going on.

Your choice. Your comprehension.
The full reality, however large you think it is
is bigger than you can imagine.
A fortuitous accident "random" error
of a CI op informed.

You have a mind leash. Go find it.

Believe none of this, Examine mentors.
Someone else sent this.


It's not that I lack a tough skin, but when criticism (however disjointed) takes on the creepy, obsessional vibe evidenced by the ramblings above, you can be sure the sender's address goes into my kill-file.

(Speaking of UFO kookdom, it appears things aren't going terribly well in the world of Colonel Capslock.)

7 comments:

Greg Bishop said...

I still relish letters like this.

Of course this sort of stuff is ripe for cut up:

Leash. Go find it.

Program, based on criteria and an agenda. This list is it?
Op informed.

A fortuitous accident "random."
You really understand? I doubt a very sophisticated CI program in CI op informed topics.

All your experiences regarding how much you have been mentored error.
Isn't healthy to do so.
You confuse. Believe none of this.
I received a mind leash.
Examine fresh all topics.

This CI could name many names.
I received unknown.

The CI operatives have bigger than you can imagine false trails without help.
The CI operatives have a list leash.
Go find it.

Believe.
I received a warning field.
An operative lives in those on this list.
Or is it?
Message is said with plausible deniability. Trails without help.
It is time to mentor and you have a mind leash. Vital step in games.
Or is it?

You with plausible deniability. Names once I respected.
None of this is true.
Several of your travels were your choice. Respected.

Accident "random" error
A quiet room unknown.
A fortuitous accident.

Go with plausible deniability.

You have a mind leash. Go down false trails without help. Names once I respected.

Operatives have a list and healthy to do so.
Time to mentor and influence.
Mentor and influence.

Do you really understand? Is either raving nonsense or really believe.
Confuse and travel down false topics.

Believe none of this effort.
I could name many names. All mind games.

Or lives in AZ.

Mac said...

Hey, nice cut-up. It's somehow more intelligible than the original, with its dire-sounding warnings about bogus mentors.

Oh, wait -- I bet you *are* one of my sinister "mentors"! Damn you, Greg! Now I see through your conniving lies!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the cut-up is much better than the original.

I don't get many strange emails except the ones with a woman's name, like Marjorie, followed by a URL. Funny thing is I don't even know a Marjorie!

Michael

platts42 said...

I so wish I got kook letters.

Maybe if I actually worked in a kook populated field.

Anyway Mac: Everyone knows you're in on the Konspiracy and the orbs regulate the field of dynamic insecurity as found in the nether reaches of the dominant secondary paradigm.

The Man knows all your secrets if you aren't already The Man himself.

Mac said...

Michael--

The weird thing is that I actually *do* know a woman named Marjorie. It's even spelled with a "J."

Have you been getting my mail? ;-)

Mac said...

Cap'n--

Everyone knows you're in on the Konspiracy and the orbs regulate the field of dynamic insecurity as found in the nether reaches of the dominant secondary paradigm.

Damn. There's nothing like being "outted."

Anonymous said...

Wow... that is pretty creepy. "Mind games" indeed.

"Several of your travels were not accidental"--well, I would hope not!

Nothing like travelling accidentally, and waking up in some place like a dark and decrepit subway station in Passaic, New Jersey, to suddenly and inexplicably harsh your mellow, eh? 8^}

Greg's cut-up was "fortuitous" (and funny)--my advice? Go with plausible deniability, to a quiet room unknown (as long as it's not in New Jersey), and find out the agenda of that mind leash before it's too late! Heh!