Thursday, March 13, 2008

AP Probe Finds Drugs in Drinking Water

A vast array of pharmaceuticals -- including antibiotics, anti-convulsants, mood stabilizers and sex hormones -- have been found in the drinking water supplies of at least 41 million Americans, an Associated Press investigation shows.

To be sure, the concentrations of these pharmaceuticals are tiny, measured in quantities of parts per billion or trillion, far below the levels of a medical dose. Also, utilities insist their water is safe.

(Via Variable Gravitas Content.)


You know, this article actually had me concerned. Then I came to the part about the utilities insisting that everything's OK and abruptly realized my foolishness. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this.

Of course, we also thought dumping garbage in the oceans was "safe," but I'm sure that was just a bad call.

"Accidents happen."

"This sort of thing is inevitable."

"We sincerely regret this incident."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Mistakes were made."